Parks & Recreation
Online reservations are here!
Click on the link above to go to our reservation website, if you need assistance please call the park offices
2021 OPENING RESERVATION DATES ARE
Accepting seasonal/yearly campsite reservations January 6 at noon / 12pm
Accepting seasonal Boat Slip reservations January 7 at noon / 12pm
Accepting daily, weekly Campsite and Boat Slip reservations January 8 at noon / 12pm
Petenwell Park (608) 564-7513
Castle Rock Park (608) 339-7713
Covid 19 Update
Adams County Parks, Trails, And Boat Launches Are Open
Stay as close to home as possible and in your community!
· For more information on the Adams County response, please go to https://www.co.adams.wi.us/covid-19
· Adams County Parks is not in the position to legally determine if you are breaking state travel restrictions and its associated enforcement.
· If you are camping and are not from the local community, it is recomended that you self-quarantine at your campsite and bring enough food/supplies for the length of your stay. You should not shop or engage with the local community until you have quarantined locally for 14 days and remain symptom free. Only members of a single household are allowed on a campsite, no multi-household guests. Do not visit or gather at other campsites or around campfires. Please use self-contained camper restrooms, sinks and water.
· Buildings are closed except for some restrooms.
· All playgrounds, shelters and beaches are closed.
· Visitors are reminded to practice proper personal hygiene and social distancing protocol to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
· Park users may see property staff and law enforcement, ensuring everyone’s safety as they enjoy the outdoors.
Click on the boxes above for more information
Adams County Snowmobile Trails - Please click on the snowmobile tab above to check trail status
ATV/UTV Road Routes Signed for Riding Are Open Year Round!
ATV/UTV Off Road Trails- Open May 1 at 8am.
NOTICE TO ALL ADAMS COUNTY PARKS EXTENDED STAY CAMPERS:
Oct 15, 2020 - Open letter on extended camping
Adams County Parks Department was directed by our oversight committee a few years ago to work on some ongoing issues and established a three year maximum stay on any one campsite for several reasons, included but not limited to the inability for patrons to “get one of the nice sites”, long term occupants taking advantage of Park Directives and Rules, the inability for park staff to perform general and seasonal maintenance because newer larger units create space needs and place pressure on our current infrastructure. This length of stay limit has many advantages as well as disadvantages.
As we move forward, the 2021 camping season will be the third season for a good share of park users, many changes have taken place since the implementation of this “three year rule”. Due to the newer rate structure areas of the park can now be reserved seasonally, and the launching of the online reservation system this last year has made that option even better. For 2021 the department will be adjusting the dates (and rates) for yearly campers to expire October 15th 2021 to coincide with the end of seasonal camping season. In the future yearly start and end dates must be between April 15 to Oct 15 to avoid any issues with campers moving in and out during the winter season. The above mentioned date changes have many current patrons falling short on the 3 total years so at this point we are offering an additional year allowing you an option to remain on the current campsite until October 15, 2022, provided you are compliant with all County Park Ordinances and newly updated Administrative Directives.
Addressing the violation of directives and rules the department has streamlined these and in the future we will hold a higher standard of enforcement. Adams Co Parks are a public facility whether you’re camping for two nights or yearly you could be asked to vacate the campsite for any number of reasons.
In the future the Parks Department plans to set goals of percentage of yearly, seasonal, and daily / weekly sites, when sites are vacated the department will evaluate each and determine its availability for future use. Additionally we will continue to evaluate the department goals and the need for a length of stay limit yet over the next several seasons
We appreciate your continued support as we strive to keep Adams County your recreation destination!
Highlights entering the 2021 camping season:
- Long Term Campers will need to sign a contract better defining our expectation of what is allowed on extended campsites. Current customers will be mailed contract when 2021 reservation is created.
- The Yearly season end date will be changed to Oct 15th (first year will be prorated) and future or new start dates must be between April 15th and Oct 15th to avoid the need to move during the winter months.
- Because of the abbreviated season, an additional year will be added to the current three year rule to insure campers get their full 3 year period.
Links to more information
Clicking on these links will take you away from the Adams County web site. Linked sites are not maintained by Adams County and as such Adams County does not maintain and is not responsible for the information posted.