Parks & Recreation
Online reservations are here!
Click on the link above to go to our reservation website, if you need assistance please call the park offices
Petenwell Park (608) 564-7513
Castle Rock Park (608) 339-7713
Covid 19 Update 4/29/20
Adams County Parks, Trails, And Boat Launches Are Open
Stay as close to home as possible and in your community!
· For more information on the Adams County response, please go to https://www.co.adams.wi.us/covid-19
· Adams County Parks is not in the position to legally determine if you are breaking state travel restrictions and its associated enforcement. Travel is at your own risk.
· All camping is closed through May 25, 2020 except for those who already have existing reservations. No new reservations will be taken for dates prior to May 26, 2020. Please do not show up at the park without reservations.
· If you are camping and are not from the local community, it is recomended that you self-quarantine at your campsite and bring enough food/supplies for the length of your stay. You should not shop or engage with the local community until you have quarantined locally for 14 days and remain symptom free. Only members of a single household are allowed on a campsite, no multi-household guests. Do not visit or gather at other campsites or around campfires. Please use self-contained camper restrooms, sinks and water.
· Buildings are closed except for some restrooms.
· All playgrounds, shelters and beaches are closed.
· Visitors are reminded to practice proper personal hygiene and social distancing protocol to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
· Park users may see property staff and law enforcement, ensuring everyone’s safety as they enjoy the outdoors.
Click on the boxes above for more information
Adams County Snowmobile Trails - Please click on the snowmobile tab above to check trail status
ATV/UTV Road Routes Signed for Riding Are Open Year Round!
ATV/UTV Off Road Trails- Open May 1 at 8am.
NOTICE TO ALL ADAMS COUNTY PARKS EXTENDED STAY CAMPERS:
Effective January 1, 2019:
You can stay on the campsite that you are currently on:
If you are on a monthly campsite in 2018, and if you wish to remain on that campsite in 2019, you may stay on that same campsite for up to THREE calendar years beginning January 2019. In the coming years, the Parks Department plans to implement an online reservation and payment system that will allow customers to reserve daily, weekly, seasonal, and yearly campsites.
Payment requirement for yearly camper: $2370.00 or $2800.00 for premium site = $500 by February 15, $700 by March 31, $700 by May 31, and $470 ($900 for premium site) by July 31, paid directly to the park you are camping at. (Seasonal payment structure to be determined at a later date.)
Specific questions regarding the 2019 rates, the quarterly payment structure, or the three year camping period should be directed to the Park Managers.
Thank you for supporting Adams County Parks!
NOTICE: REGARDING BEACHES
August 16,2019 - All County Beaches are OPENED and being monitored.
We would like to clarify some misinformation that is being circulated. The beaches at Petenwell, Castle Rock, and Arrowhead Lakes are NOT closed related to Blue-Green Algae. The report that is being circulated in recent days is from last year. For current information always be sure to check this page as well as the Adams County Health Department Website.
The Adams County Department of Health and Human Services, in conjunction with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, is the authority for determining beach closures due to public health concerns.
Park staff will help educate visitors to the facts of blue green algae. The best approach is common sense:
- If you see a thick mat of green on the water's surface, avoid contact.
- If you come into contact with it, rinse off with clean water.
- Special attention should be made with children and pets as both are prone to ingesting water and pets licking themselves dry.
- Do not drink lake water whether green or crystal clear.
Links to more information
Clicking on these links will take you away from the Adams County web site. Linked sites are not maintained by Adams County and as such Adams County does not maintain and is not responsible for the information posted.