Parks & Recreation
Online reservations are here!
Click on the link above to go to our reservation website, if you need assistance please call the park offices
Petenwell Park (608) 564-7513
Castle Rock Park (608) 339-7713
Due to covid 19 concerns Playgrounds and Shelters are closed, Parks remain open.
Update March 30,2020
Adams County Parks, Trails And Boat Launches Are Open
Stay as close to home as possible and in your community!
- Buildings are closed except for some restrooms, please call if you need assistance.
- All shelters and playgrounds are closed
- All public events are canceled.
- All campgrounds are closed through April 30, 2020, except for those who already have reservations. Depending on what state or area you’re from, you may be asked to self-quarantine in your camper for 14 days.
- No new camping reservations will be taken for dates prior to May 1, 2020.
- Visitors are reminded to practice proper personal hygiene to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to limit groups to household units under ten people and practice social distancing when enjoying county properties.
- Park users may see property staff and law enforcement, ensuring everyone’s safety as they enjoy the outdoors.
Update March 25, 2020:
PLAYGROUNDS CLOSED Effective at 8 am on Weds., March 25, 2020 and will remain in effect until 8 am Fri., April 24, 2020, or until a superseding order is issued.
Allowed activity: “To engage in outdoor activity, including visiting public and state parks, provided individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined below. Such activities include, by way of example and without limitation, walking, biking, hiking, or running.
Individuals may not engage in team or contact sports such as by way of example and without limitation, basketball, ultimate frisbee, soccer, or football, as these activities do not comply with Social Distancing Requirements. Playgrounds are closed.”
Update March 21, 2020
The Adams County Parks would like to give public notice of Covid19 pandemic limitations. On March 17, 2020, recommendations from the CDC and orders by Governor Evers to ban gatherings of 10+ people were communicated to the citizens of Wisconsin in a statewide effort to slow the virus’ spread. This order will remain in place for the duration of the public health emergency.
Adams county parks remain open with respect to what is normally operational this time of year. Due to covid 19 concerns we are no longer accepting shelter reservations or allowing activities that congregate 10 or more people. We hope that everyone is participating in social distancing so we can get through these difficult times.
- Restrooms will remain open given there are enough resources, cleaning supplies and access to personal protective equipment for staff to maintain them.
- Properties will continue to be staffed (Office doors may be locked) and outdoor recreational opportunities (hiking, trails, fishing, etc.) will remain open at this time. For more information or to contact staff please call one of the numbers below
- Visitors are reminded to practice proper personal hygiene to prevent the spread of COVID-19, maintain distance between individuals, and limit group sizes to under ten people when enjoying park facilities.
SHELTERS CLOSED If you have a paid shelter reservation within the next 60-days, through May 15, it has been cancelled. Through a “No-Fault Policy” we are offering a FULL refund for all shelter reservations that are booked out 60-days of today’s date. Please call one of our parks to arrange your refund.
Click on the boxes above for more information
Adams County Snowmobile Trails - Please click on the snowmobile tab above to check trail status
ATV/UTV Road Routes Signed for Riding Are Open Year Round!
ATV/UTV Off Road Trails- Closed for the season.
NOTICE TO ALL ADAMS COUNTY PARKS EXTENDED STAY CAMPERS:
Effective January 1, 2019:
You can stay on the campsite that you are currently on:
If you are on a monthly campsite in 2018, and if you wish to remain on that campsite in 2019, you may stay on that same campsite for up to THREE calendar years beginning January 2019. In the coming years, the Parks Department plans to implement an online reservation and payment system that will allow customers to reserve daily, weekly, seasonal, and yearly campsites.
Payment requirement for yearly camper: $2370.00 or $2800.00 for premium site = $500 by February 15, $700 by March 31, $700 by May 31, and $470 ($900 for premium site) by July 31, paid directly to the park you are camping at. (Seasonal payment structure to be determined at a later date.)
Specific questions regarding the 2019 rates, the quarterly payment structure, or the three year camping period should be directed to the Park Managers.
Thank you for supporting Adams County Parks!
NOTICE: REGARDING BEACHES
August 16,2019 - All County Beaches are OPENED and being monitored.
We would like to clarify some misinformation that is being circulated. The beaches at Petenwell, Castle Rock, and Arrowhead Lakes are NOT closed related to Blue-Green Algae. The report that is being circulated in recent days is from last year. For current information always be sure to check this page as well as the Adams County Health Department Website.
The Adams County Department of Health and Human Services, in conjunction with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, is the authority for determining beach closures due to public health concerns.
Park staff will help educate visitors to the facts of blue green algae. The best approach is common sense:
- If you see a thick mat of green on the water's surface, avoid contact.
- If you come into contact with it, rinse off with clean water.
- Special attention should be made with children and pets as both are prone to ingesting water and pets licking themselves dry.
- Do not drink lake water whether green or crystal clear.
Links to more information
Clicking on these links will take you away from the Adams County web site. Linked sites are not maintained by Adams County and as such Adams County does not maintain and is not responsible for the information posted.