Driveway Access Ordinance & Application
The Adams County Highway Department has the authority over and is responsible for the maintenance of the county trunk lettered highway system and all other county owned town roads. The Highway Department oversees the driveway permit process, including surveillance and issuance of permits.
Any owner of the land adjacent to county highway right-of-way who wishes to construct a driveway shall apply to the Highway Department for a permit. No driveway constructed before the effective date of Adams County Ordinance 10-1992 may be altered unless a permit has been issued for the driveway and the driveway meets the standards prescribed by this policy. This does not pertain to surface maintenance. Driveway surface maintenance is permissible without issuance of a permit.
Before the Adams County Highway Commission takes any action on this application, a representative of the Adams County Highway Commission will make an investigation and field inspection. All applicants are subject to the guidelines set in the “Adams County Highway Driveway Access Policy.”
1. Review the ADAMS COUNTY ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING A COUNTY HIGHWAY DRIVEWAY ACCESS POLICY.
2. Print and complete the application in its entirety.
* If you have any issues viewing the application, try using a different web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
3. Determine appropriate fee:
Driveway Permit: $35.00
Driveway Alteration Permit: $35.00
After the Fact Permit:$500.00
4. Mail the Application, including the appropriate fee, to:
Adams County Highway Department
1342 CTH F
Adams, WI 53910