Family law forms (divorce, legal separation, paternity, child custody/physical placement, child support, contempt) are currently available online through the Wisconsin Court System:
(1) Type in: "wicourts.gov" (or "www.wicourts.gov")
(2) Click on: "Wisconsin Court System"
(3) Click on "Forms", then on "Circuit Court" in the drop-down window
(4) At "Forms>Circuit Court" page, click on "Family", then scroll down to the appropriate form(s). At this stage, click on the appropriate form(s), read instructions on left side of form(s), print and complete (you may also complete these forms online before printing).
For basic information, please review the following:
1. Divorce/Legal Separation: Form FA-4100V
2. Modification: Form FA5008V
3. Contempt: Form FA-5009V
4. Service: Forms FA-5000V and FA-5001V
DIRECTIONS FOR FILING/SERVICE OF A MOTION AFTER A CASE HAS BEEN STARTED:
1) After reviewing the above links, complete and sign the appropriate motion and supporting affidavit. For modification motions, in the upper right area, check “custody,” “placement” and/or “child support” as applicable.
2) Contact the Clerk of Court’s office to get a date and a time for the hearing (608-339-4208).
3) Fill in the middle portion of page one of the motion as follows:
To: Write in the name of the other party (other spouse and/or parent)
Before: The Clerk will give you the name of the court official who will hear the motion
Location: The Clerk will tell you which courtroom, Adams County Courthouse, Friendship, Wisconsin
Date: Write in the date of the hearing provided to you by the Clerk of Court
Time: Write in the time of the hearing provided to you by the Clerk of Court
4) Complete the rest of the motion and supporting affidavit and sign them both. IMPORTANT: Your signature on the affidavit must be notarized.
5) Make at least 2 copies of the motion and affidavit.
6) File the original with Adams Co. Clerk of Court’s office.
7) For a contempt motion, the other party must be personally served. For all other motions, mail one copy of the motion to the other party (at their currently-listed address of record, by regular mail, not certified mail).
8) For a contempt motion, file with the Clerk of Court’s office the affidavit of personal service provided by the process server. For all other motions, complete and sign an “Affidavit of Mailing” form (Form FA-4121V). File this completed form with the Clerk’s office.
The statutory law generally governing this case can be found in Ch. 767 of the Wisconsin Statutes. That chapter is available for free on the internet at docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statues. A printed version is available for purchase at the Clerk of Court’s office.
Adams County Circuit Court rules can be found on the County website, https://www.co.adams.wi.us/departments/clerk-of-circuit-court
COURT PERSONNEL (WHICH INCLUDES THE JUDGES AND THE FAMILY COURT COMMISSIONER, THEIR STAFF AND THE STAFF OF THE ADAMS COUNTY CLERK OF COURT’S OFFICE) CANNOT PROVIDE YOU WITH LEGAL ADVICE. IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING ANY ISSUES RELATING TO THE FILING OF THIS MOTION, THEY SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO A PRIVATE ATTORNEY.