PROPERTY AND RECREATION COMMITTEE
- Membership. The Property and Recreation Committee shall be comprised of five (5) members of the County Board for oversight of County owned property.
- Oversight. The Property and Recreation Committee shall confer and have policy-making responsibilities for the Building & Grounds Director/Maintenance Department, and Parks.
- Duties and Responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and appraise to advertise lands per Stat.s 75.69(1) acquired by tax deed or by in-REM proceedings, pursuant §75.14, Wisconsin Statutes. Recommends the sale or holding of any lands acquired by tax deed or in- REM proceedings, requires approval of the County Board.
- The County Clerk is authorized to execute and sign any and all legal documents relating to sale and purchase of real or personal property.
- Review and approve contracts, leases, fees, expenditures or other agreements as necessary for the construction, improvement, equipment, maintenance, and operation of the Airport.
D. Sub Committees, Boards and Commissions. The Property and Recreation Committee shall be responsible for interaction, communication and recommendations to the County Board of Supervisors with respect to the Airport Commission and Adams County Fair Board.
1. Airport Commission.
- Membership. The Airport Commission shall be comprised of one (1) County Board member from the Property and Recreation Committee and three (3) members especially interested in aeronautics appointed by the Committee on Appointments.
- Duties and Responsibilities. Pursuant to §114.14, Wisconsin Statutes, duties and responsibilities shall be as follows:
- The Airport Commission shall have complete and exclusive control and management over the airport as vested by the County.
- The commission shall provide a report to the Property and Recreation Committee quarterly.
2. Fair Board.
- Membership. The Committee on Appointments shall appoint one (1) County Board Supervisor that is a member of the Property and Recreation Committee to the Fair Board as a liaison member.
- Duties and Responsibilities. Attend Fair Board meetings as a non-voting member to assist and ensure communication between the entities.
Sub Committees, Boards and Commissions
Work Place Safety