ADMINISTRATIVE & FINANCE COMMITTEEA. Membership. The Administrative & Finance Committee shall be comprised of (5) five County Board Supervisors;
- County Board Chair
- First (1st) Vice Chair
- Second (2nd) Vice Chair
- Two (2) additional County Board Supervisors
B. Oversight. The Administrative & Finance Committee shall confer and have policy-making responsibilities for the following Departments: Corporation Counsel, County Clerk, County Treasurer, County Manager/Administrative Coordinator, Personnel and MIS.
C. Duties and Responsibilities. Shall have oversight of the County Budget and transfer of funds per the County Budget and Accounting Polices and be consistent with §65.90 of the Wisconsin State Statutes, as they may be amended from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Examine all claims against the County
2. Provides oversight for all routine County financial matters including review and approval of:
- Audit reports
- Insurance policies, bonding
- Contingency funds, and
- Recommends budget amendments to the County Board
A. Maintain a level of communication with the Drainage Boards
5. Review and recommend salaries, benefits and compensation structure for all county personnel.
7. Review and Recommend short and long range plans for the County.
8. Set parameters, goals, and give Policy directions to the Administrative Coordinator/County Manager, Corporation Counsel and Personnel Director on collective bargaining issues. Prior to any contract being submitted to arbitration, the Corporation Counsel and Personnel Director shall meet with the Committee and discuss the status of negotiations and receive further direction.
9. All proposed union contracts shall be submitted to the Committee and County Board for final approval.
10. General policy-making responsibility for parks, trails, lake access areas, and recreation property operated, maintained and developed by the County to provide adequate and safe facilities for all users following the five (5) year recreational plan.
11. Assist in determining appropriate programs to be provided by the Recreation Program
D. Sub Committees, Boards and Commissions:
1. Adams County Economic Development Committee. This is an advisory Commission not a policy-making Commission.
a. Membership. The Adams County Economic Development Committee shall consist of seven (7) members that reflect the diversity of needs within the County. The Commission may consist of representatives from the following and shall be appointed by the Committee on Appointments and approved by the County Board:
- Adams Columbia Electric Cooperative
- Adams CountyBoard Supervisor
- Adams County Area Banks
- Local Business Community
- City of Adams
- Village of Friendship
- Ex-Officio members include:
a. President of the Village of Friendship
b. Mayor of the City of Adams
c. All Chairpersons of all Town Boards within the County
d. Adams County Executive Director of the Chamber
e. Superintendent of Schools
f. Administrative Coordinator/County Manager
b. Duties and Responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Adams County Economic Development Committee shall elect annually a President, Vice-President, Recorder of the minutes, and Treasurer.
- Act pursuant to the Adams County Economic Development Committee, Inc. bylaws approved by the County Board
3. Revolving Loan Fund Committee. This is an advisory Board, not a policy-making Board.
a. Membership. The Revolving Loan Fund shall be comprised of the Board of Directors of the Adams County Economic Development Committee.
- Serve new and expanding businesses in Adams County
- Provide gap financing
- Encourage investment
- Encourage creation of permanent, year round jobs
- Encourage retention and expansion of existing businesses
- Attract new business
- Encourage development of modern industrial technology, and a safe, healthful work environment in Adams County