Facilities: A day use fee is required at all Adams County Parks and public accesses, unless you are a registered camper. Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have overnight camping with a designated swimming area, boat launch, modern playground equipment, heated shower/restroom facilities, disposal station, and visitor/registration station with concessions and firewood available, game room, shelter buildings, and boat slip rentals. Access to sanitary dump station for watercraft is also available.
Camping Reservations: Reservations require a Non-Refundable Reservation Fee. A Minimum of 2 night stay with a maximum of 2 weeks stay, by contacting the Park Directly; Petenwell Park at 608-564-7513 and Castle Rock Park at 608-339-7713. Camping reservation cancellations require a minimum of 30 days notice to receive a refund. Most campsites are on a first come basis - select sites are reservable.
Allowable Camping Units:
Petenwell Park: 500 Castle Rock Park: 200
Sanitation: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have modern heated shower/restroom facilities and vault type pit toilets cleaned daily.
Picnic Tables: Petenwell Park 500, Castle Rock Park 200
Water Sources: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have state approved electric and handpump wells. Water hookups to many campsites.
- $ 20.00 - Premium site - Tent w/or w/o electric - Nightly
- $ 110.00 - Premium site - Tent w/or w/o electric - Weekly
- $ 16.00 - Tent w/or w/o electric - Nightly
- $ 90.00 - Tent w/or w/o electric - Weekly
- $ 28.00 - Premium site - Camper w/ or w/o electric - Nightly
- $150.00 - Premium site - Camper w/ or w/o electric - Weekly
- $295.00 - Premium site - Camper w/electric - Monthly - April 15 to October 15
- $2400.00 - NEW Premium Site Seasonal Camper - April 1 to Oct. 15, + $200.00 for Fall Extension - Oct. 16 - Nov. 30 (optional)
- $1900.00 - NEW Seasonal Camper - April 1 to Oct. 15, + $200.00 for Fall Extension - Oct. 16 - Nov. 30 (optional)
- $2800.00 - NEW Yearly Premium Site Camper - ( 3 year max)
- $2370.00 - NEW Yearly Camper - ( 3 year max)
- $24.00 - Camper w/or w/o electric nightly
- $130.00 - Camper w/or w/o electric weekly
- $280.00 - Camper Monthly w/ or w/o electric - April 15 to October 15
- $ 5.00/day - Winter Electric fee October 15 to April 15
Day User Fee (non camping):
- 1/$20.00 or 2/$30.00 - Season day use sticker, purchased at the same time
- $ 5.00 - Day use - per vehicle per day
Day Use Fee Required County Parks/Public Accesses are: Petenwell Park, Arrowhead, Camelot, Sherwood, Big Roche-A-Cri, Hwy 21 WI River Access, Castle Rock Park, Patrick Lake, Jordan Lake, Mason Lake, and Crooked Lake.
Dump station: $ 5.00 - non-camper fee (day or season pass does not include dumping)
Shelter Reservations: Contact the Parks Administration Office at 608-339-4230.
Shelter buildings include picnic tables, electrical outlets, and a refrigerator. Grills, restrooms, and water are nearby. Reservations are accepted beginning January 1 for the current year only. To avoid a shelter building clean-up fee equal to your rental fee being assessed, please clean-up the shelter before leaving the area. Clean-up includes: placing all trash in the provided trash barrels, wiping off counters, tables, and any spills in the shelter or refrigerator, sweeping the floor, and emptying the refrigerator. If the shelter has been "decorated", all decorations must be removed.
2019 Shelter Rates:
- Petenwell Park - $50.00/day
- Castle Rock Park - $75.00/day
- Patricks Lake - $75.00/day
- Arrowhead - $50.00/day
2019 Boat Slip Rates :
- $700.00 - Seasonal Slip
- $175.00 - Monthly Slip
- $ 60.00 - Weekly Slip
- $ 12.00 - Daily Slip (No multi boat slip rental discounts)
- All rates subject to change