Drug Free Adams County Task Force community partners have come together to lay the ground work for a long term drug prevention strategy.
Highlights of Drug Free Adams County Task Force Activities to date:
· Provided three permanent drug drop boxes for law enforcement in Adams County (see brochure)
· Offered a take back and public awareness booth as part of the Community Wellness Clinic and Health Fair
· Hosted a train the trainer event for Good Drugs Gone Bad, to launch a broad based public awareness and education campaign
· Will provide training and certification to three Adams County Law Enforcement officials to be certified as Drug Recognition Experts
· Will host a Drug Identification Training for Education Professionals (DITEP) for at least 20 education and other professionals in Adams County in 2014
· Established the Adams County Drug Free Task Force
· Will launch efforts at a Town Hall Meeting on April 15th – featuring Joe Keil (drug recognition expert, Adams County Sheriff K9 demonstration, Moundview Memorial staff)
· Plan to implement public awareness campaign in schools, health care, and in community
· Will provide comprehensive outreach campaign to engage every sector in the work to reduce and prevent alcohol and drug abuse long term.
· Task Force is currently working to develop an Adams County public awareness campaign to launch Spring 2014
· Hope to apply for the Drug Free Community Support Program in 2015 to sustain drug prevention efforts.